CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FORCE
We are one of the specialized Central Para-military Forces of India under Ministry of Home Affairs. We came into existence in the year 1969 with a meagre strength of about 3000 men for providing security to Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and Government Installations. Today we have grown up to a strength of about 1,61,909 officers and men and taken up a multi faceted role in the field of internal security which includes Airport Security, Security of Government Building, Monument Security, Disaster Management, VIP Security and security of critical installations like Delhi Metro in addition to our traditional role of providing industrial security. Currently we are providing security to 346 units including 61 domestic and international airports spread all over the country.We also give security cover to 10 installations of Private Sector after being mandatd by Central Govt in the year 2009
We also have a Fire Wing which looks after the fire protection and fire prevention services of 103 units with a strength of about 7919 well trained man power.
Hitherto our services were only available to Government Organisations and PSUs but by amendment in CISF Act the Government of India has permitted us to offer Consultancy Services in the field of Security and Fire Protection to public as well as private sector. Accordingly we have a Consultancy Wing located at our Force Head Quarters, which is ISO 9001: 2015 certified and offers its Consultancy Services to both the Government and the Non Government Organizations.
Our Head Quarter is located at 13, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi and is headed by Director General. We are further organised into following sectors as per details given below: Airport Sector -I : Head Quarter at New Delhi Airport Sector -II : Head Quarter at Bengalore Central Sector: Head Quarter at Bhilai DOS & DAE Sector : Head Quarter at New Delhi East Sector: Head Quarter at Ranchi NCR Sector: Head Quarter at New Delhi North Eastern Sector: Head Quarter at Guwahati North Sector: Head Quarter at New Delhi South East Sector: Head Quarter at Kolkatta South Sector: Head Quarter at Chennai West Sector : Head Quarter at Mumbai
We are further divided into 19 Zones headed by Deputy Inspectors General to supervise our field units.
We have seven (09) Training institutions in our fold
- National Industrial Security Academy (NISA) at Hyderabad (Telangana)
- Six Recruit Training Centres at Arakonam (Tamilnadu), Barwaha (Madhya Pradesh), Bhilai (Madhya Pradesh), Deoli (Rajasthan), Behror (Rajasthan) & Mundali (Orissa) to look after our needs of providing a well trained and qualified manpower for our services.
- One Fire Service Training Institute (FSTI) co-located at Hyderabad with NISA. This Training Institute also specializes in training on Disaster Management and houses state of the art training facility on Disaster Management.
- A Dog Training School at Ranchi,Jharkhand.
We have 12 Reserve Battalions, to cater for our urgent need of trained manpower.
This citizen’s charter is our effort to improve our responsiveness to the needs of our stakeholders and citizens and to continuously improve our services as per their expectation. OUR VISION
“PREMIER FORCE SECURING THE NATION’S CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND ASSETS”OUR MISSION
“TO CONSISTENTLY UPGRADE SKILLS AND DEVELOP CORE COMPETENCIES TO PROTECT AND SECURE THE NATION’S CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND ASSETS THROUGH OPTIMAL UTILIZATION OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND MODERN TECHNOLOGY”OUR STAKEHOLDERS:
- Ministries / Departments of the Central Government
- Public Sector Undertakings and Joint Sector Undertakings
- State Govt. Undertakings
- Consortiums, Administrators, etc of the Airports, Government Buildings, Monuments, Metro, Museums etc.
- Contractors, Labourers, Businessmen, Visitors, other stakeholders, Passengers, Tourists, etc coming to the premises guarded by us.
- Consultancy Clients- Private sector, Govt. organisations
- Protectees of Special Security Group of CISF
- Election Commission and State Governments during elections
- Central & State Governments during Internal Security duties
- Other members of Public who come into our contact at various locations of our operation/duties.
- Security to Public Sector Undertakings, Sensitive Government Installations or buildings
- Fire Protection Services to Public Sector Undertakings, Sensitive Government Installations or buildings
- Protection of VIPs
- Internal Security Duties
- Training on Security, Fire & Disaster Management
- Consultancy services in fields of security and fire protection to private and public sector organisations, Govt. departments
The CISF provides security cover to 346 industrial units including 61 domestic and international airports located all over India in several Sectors of Indian economy like:
- Atomic Power Plants,
- Space Installations,
- Defence Production Units,
- Mints/Note Presses
- Oil Fields and Refineries,
- Major Ports,
- Heavy Engineering,
- Steel Plants,
- Fertilizer units,
- Hydro electric / Thermal power plants / Power Plants
- Delhi Metro
- Important Govt. Buildings in Delhi
- Heritage Monuments – Taj Mahal, Red Fort
- Mines – coal & iron.
- Fire prevention and protection
- Internal Security Duties and security during Elections on the instructions of Min. of Home Affairs (GOI)
- Search and Rescue duties in disaster hit areas as per Govt instructions
- VIP security through Special Security Group (SSG)
- Training to govt departments on Security, Fire Protection and Disaster Management
If you are interested in us for our induction in your premises or if you want our Consultancy Services please send your request to the following address:For induction of CISF Joint Secretary (Police-II) Ministry of Home Affairs North Block, New Delhi – 110001 For consultancy services Director General/CISF, CISF HQrs Block 13, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road New Delhi-110003 E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. No: 011-24362866 You may also contact us on the following telephone numbers: Ph. No: 011-24361125,011-24307701; FAX : 011-24361202 OR Write to us though e-mail: Our e-mail id: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPLAINT:
If you have any complaint about our services or want any clarification or aggrieved by the conduct of any of our officers or men you are welcome to meet us in person or write to us. Our Head Quarters and Offices work from 0930 hrs to 1800 hrs on all week days excluding Gazetted Holidays. Your feedbacks are valuable for us in serving our clients and public better. We have set up a nationwide Public Grievance Redressal Mechanism having our offices as given below:
- CISF Directorate General, New Delhi
- Airport Sector HQrs, New Delhi
- Central Sector HQrs, Bhilai
- DOS & DAE Sector HQrs
- East Sector HQrs, Ranchi
- NCR Sector HQrs, New Delhi
- North Sector HQrs, New Delhi
- North East Sector HQrs, Guwahati
- South East Sector HQrs, Kolkatta
- South Sector HQrs, Chennai
- West Sector HQrs, Mumbai
- Reserve Batallion
|LEVEL||NODAL OFFICER||CONTROLLING OFFICER|
|Directorate General||AIG/Welfare||Director General|
|Sector HQrs||DIG/Sector HQrs (click on the concerned sector from the above links)||IG/Sector HQrs (click on the concerned sector from the above links)|
|Zonal HQrs||AIG/Zonal HQrs (click on the concerned sector under which zone falls from the above links)||DIG/Zonal HQrs (click on the concerned sector under which zone falls from the above links)|
|Training Institutions||Commandant (Adm) /Vice- Principal (click on the concerned sector under which training institution falls from the above links)||Director/Principal (click on the concerned sector under which training institution falls from the above links)|
|Reserve Battalions||Commandant (2 I/C) (click on the concerned reserve battalion from the above links)||Sr. Commandant (I/C of the battalion) (click on the concerned reserve battalion from the above links)|
|CISF field Units||Commandant, if the unit is headed by DIG (click on the concerned sector under which the unit falls from the above links)||DIG of the concerned unit (click on the concerned sector under which the unit falls from the above links)|
|Dy. Comdt. or 2I/C if the unit is headed by the Comdt (click on the concerned sector under which the unit falls from the above links)||Commandant of the concerned unit (click on the concerned sector under which the unit falls from the above links)|
|2 I/C in case of remaining units (click on the concerned sector under which the unit falls from the above links)||Unit Commander (click on the concerned sector under which the unit falls from the above links)|
II. You may also contact our Public Relation Officer whose address and contact numbers are given below:
AIG/PR Cell CISF Head Quarters,
13 CGO Complex,Lodhi Road, New Delhi, PIN: 110003
Phone No. 011- 24307729, Fax No. 011-24361202
III. If you are not satisfied by response of our Grievance Redressal Officers you may also address your complaint to the following officer:
IG/Pers and Chief Vigilance Officer, CISF
Directorate General CISF HQrs,
Block 13, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003,
Phone No: 011-24367502 & 24307703, Fax No.011-24361202,
e-mail id: igpers[at]cisf[dot]gov[dot]in
IV. If you are still not satisfied by our response and reply you may also write to:
CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION
SATARKTA BHAWAN, BLOCK ‘A’
GPO COMPLEX, INA
NEW DELHI-110 023.