CISF FIRE SERVICE
|On 29th January 1964, there was a major fire at the Heavy Engineering Corporation plant at Ranchi which resulted in colossal loss. The commission headed by Justice B. Mukherjee reported sabotage as cause of fire. Justice B. Mukherjee recommended for a disciplined and uniformed force to be assigned the responsibility of providing fire & security coverage to Public Sector Undertakings.|
|The first fire wing unit with a strength of 53 personnel was Inducted in FACT Cochin on 16th April, 1970.. Eventually the Government of India approved Recruitment Rules for various posts for creation of separate fire service cadre in CISF in January 1991 and accordingly Fire Service Cadre started functioning in CISF on 12.01.1991. At present the induction tally stands at 104 Public Sector Undertakings/Govt. establishments.|
AN OVERVIEW OF CISF FIREWING
Fire wing is an integral part of Central Industrial Security Force which is largest amongst all fire services in the country, managed by professionally trained personnel with science and engineering background. First fire wing unit was inducted at Fertilizer and Chemical Travancore (FACT), Cochin on 16.04.1970 with a sanctioned strength of 53 personnel.
CISF is the only Central Armed Police Force having a full-fledged Fire Service Wing. CISF Fire Service Wing is the largest professional, well trained and equipped fire fighting Force in the country, which is providing fire prevention and fire protection to the highly sensitive, vulnerable and hazardous units like Petro-Chemical Complex, Oil Refinery, Steel Plants, Chemical & Fertilizer Plants, Port Trusts, Space organizations, Power Plants, Defence installations and establishments of the Finance Ministry. CISF Fire Wing is providing fire safety coverage to 104 different installations all over the country with a strength of 8482 fire professionals.
CISF has a Fire Service Training Institute (FSTI) which was established in the year 1987 with a sanctioned strength of 84 personnel at Deoli, Rajasthan. Later on, FSTI was shifted to CISF NISA Campus Hakimpet in 1999. Where it was upgraded and at present having state of the art facilities such as physical exercise ground, black top for drill purposes, Industrial fire tower for simulation exercise, drill tower for rescue drill, BA Gallery for simulator exercise, Model Fire Station, MT Section, CSSR, ASAR, USAR props area, Model Room, Laboratory, technical centre with specialized training equipment with simulators, swimming pool, library, Technical and Administrative Building with a strength of 147 fire professionals.
The training requirements of the Fire Wing personnel are highly specialized in nature. They have to be organized for effective presentation and protection in modern and high fire risk industrial setups.
DETAILS OF FIRE CALLS AND PROPERTY SAVED
|Sl||Year||Fire Call attended||Saved Property worth Rs.|
|Total||19769||1630.05 Crores (upto Nov’21)|
We are a Force of more than 8,400…. Providing fire safety protection cover to 104 Govt., Public Sector Undertakings, State Govt establishments of the country.
|Fire Service Training Institute (FSTI) located in Hyderabad is our iconic training institution in one of the most professionally manageged institute in Asia with state of the art facilities, imparting training in fire fighting related disciplines and Disaster management.|
- Fire Safety in Petrochemical Industries
- Fire Hazards in Power Plants
- Fire Safety Chemical and Fertilizer Plant
- General Fire safety in Industries Course
- Aviation Fire Protection Course
- Rope Rescue Course
- Breathing Apparatus Set Course
- Fire Drill Instructor Course
- Vertical Interaction Course
- Road Traffic Accident and Confined Rescue Course
- Operation & Maintenance of DCP & Rescue Tender Course
- Fire safety Audit workshop
- Fire Safety Consultancy course
- Pre Dispatch Inspection Course
Infrastructure available for trainees at Fire Service Training institute
FIRE SAFETY AUDITS & CONSULTANCYIntangible Benefits of CISF Fire wing:
- Providing holistic Fire & Safety solutions by:-
- Keeping fixed firefighting installations and first aid firefighting equipment maintained and operational.
- Keeping itself abreast of modern developments in the field of fire technology, firefighting techniques.
- Correct assessment of the fire risks/ hazards in process, storage, other infrastructure etc. and take suitable steps for monitoring various fire prevention/protection schemes.
- Providing fire consultancy,
- Keepingthe undertaking abreast with latest technologies in the field and impart training meeting the International Standards particularly in the area of industrial fire protection and safety.
- Investigation of fire and other incidents and suggest preventive measures.
- Skill honed by long years of experience in diverse industrial sectors
- Tech savvy Force deployed across the length and breadth of the country
- Exposure to varied protection environments ranging from highly disturbed areas in North-East to LWE affected areas of the country.
- Rich experience in Safety and Protection of varied sectors ranging from highly sensitive Oil refining, Thermal – Gas – Hydro Power, Chemical & Fertilizers, Defense, Heavy Industry, Museums to core sector of Economy.
- Only Force to have a full-fledged Security and Fire Wing comprising of highly trained personnel with specialized skills.
- Extensive use of Modern fire safety gadgets and cutting edge technologies integrated multi skilled training of personnel.
- Disciplined force with legal powers.
- A force widely appreciated for its promptness, courteous behavior and professional approach.
- Provide value addition to the client organization by virtue of our personnel trained in Disaster management skills and experience.
- Our consultancy services are certified ISO 9001-2008 in the field of security and Fire protection.
|CISF Fire Wing also provides integrated & cost effective solutions in the area of fire safety in terms of risk assessment, inspection and fire audit, Fire consultancy, introducing innovative fire safety technologies and carry out survey & re-survey of various plants.|
|CISF is also committed to provide quality Consultancy Services and fire safety audits in the fields of Fire Protection through its team of professional and qualified personnel. The focus shall be towards enhancement of customer satisfaction though continual improvement of established management system. CISF offers its clients complete fire prevention & protection solutions, and provide information regarding status of fire protection systems which includes:|